JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia"

PJSC "Kyiv Electrical Carriage-Repair Plant"

History

Private Joint Stock Company “Kyiv Electrical Carriage-Repair Plant the Name of January Insurrection 1918” is the only enterprise in Ukraine that performs repairs of all types and series of electrical trains. The Plant repairs commuter trains, auxiliary equipment for regional railways of Ukraine, The State Administration of Railway Transport of Ukraine "Ukrzaliznytsia" and the railways of other countries.

It was established as the Main Steam Engines and Carriages Repair Workshops of Kyiv-Baltic Railway (nowadays – Pivdennozahidna (Southwestern) Railway) in 1868.

The Plant celebrated 145 years in 2013.

By the ending of XIX century the Workshops had already become the largest repairing enterprise in “tsarist” Russia with manpower about 2000 people and powerful production base of 8 shops.

Nevertheless that in the first years of operation of the plant keenly felt the lack of machines and accessories and most of the work was done manually, manufacturing was dramatically developed within the short period of time.

The plant can decidedly be proud of its glorious history!

In 1878 due to efforts of Alexander Borodin the Workshops were the place where for the first time in hole Kyiv the light bulb was turned and the steam heating was conducted.

It has been saying that the plant has made a significant contribution to the development of rail industry. In 1881 the world’s first station of locomotives` testing began its work as the part of the Workshops.

For its long history the plant had been repeatedly reorganized, successfully set up new kinds of production, increased the growth of marketable products.

The Plant was renamed to Kyiv carriage-repair plant In 1944 and to Kyiv electrical carriage-repair plant the name of January Insurrection 1918 in 1962 after development of overhauls of the electrical trains. From that time it began to determine the character of plant’s main activity.

From 2001 the plant was converted into join stock company.

From the very beginning our plant had increased its capacities.  There have been built and put into operation the production workshops:

- Motorcarrige-repair shop was founded in 1962. Its believed, that history of the workshop started on 14th of June 1962, when the first electrical section of the train came in for repair.

In 1968 the shop mastered the capital repair of the first content (“CR-1”), in 1976 there was made repairs of the second content (“CR-2”), and in 1998 the Motorcarrige-repair shop set up overhauls of electrical trains series ER1, ER2, ER-9P, ER-9M, produced by Riga carriage building plant.

In 2007 the shop mastered the capital repair electrical trains series EPL2T, produced by Lugansk Diesellocomotive plant “Luganskteplovoz”.

Nowadays the shop consists of 15 production sections and test station. The output of this shop numbers repair of 637, 4 sections ER1 in the first content per year.

- Bogies` shop and Wheels` shop

Bogies` shop repairs bodies of carriages of electrical trains in the first and the second contents and also overhauls bogies, damaged by corrosion, fire or accidents.

Wheels` shop repair wheel sets of all kinds of electrical trains, trailers of diesel trains. Our specialists set up improving of wheel sets` repairs, aimed to providing of their reliability and traffic safety.

- The shop of electrical machines was built in 1963. It repair traction motors and auxiliary equipment of electrical trains.

- Electric Apparatus Shop was formed in 1969. It makes all kinds of capital repairs of electrical equipment of trains.

- Repairs and assembly shop was formed in 1963. It produces spare parts for trains, including machine parts according to the import substitution program.

- Mechanical shop. Instrumental station. Galvanic station.

Mechanical shop is modernized with high-precision modern equipment that allows to renovate and produce spare parts to perform quality repairs of electrical trains.

Specialists of instrumental station produce new tools and technological equipment (stamps, conductors, other accessories), and also repair waste or damaged tools.

Galvanic shop makes applications of metal (zinc, tin, silver) and non-metal (powder polymer) coating to protect metal parts from corrosion, giving them the protective properties, and also to improve soldering and current conductivity.